Hi lovely! Hope you’re having a great day. Today we’re going to be talking about how to prep your kiddo for a photo session.
I know. Impossible. Stressful. Impractical.
Here’s the thing, kids will be kids. I get it you want the perfect photo, and you want them to look at least presentable and hopefully smiling, but at the end of the day they may just not do this for you. Seriously.
When I’m going into a session with small children (think 8ish and under), I know my time is VERY limited. We have a half hour max to get staged photos, and within those 30 minutes about 5 of those minutes are good, and they come in 6 minute intervals. It’s constantly changing. It’s all about going with the flow.
I will suggest to clients that we meet at a park where we can walk around. I always try to find 3 different “mini locations” within the one big location, and we keep moving. This constant state of movement will buy us another 15-30 minutes of prime picture time s, because being on the move helps keep those little one entertained.
With that in mind, here’s the items I would bring with to a photo session for kids 8 and under.
How to prep for a photos session of your young kiddo
- Pack an extra set of clothes (just in case).
- Put them in “move-able” clothing.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Headbands and those things rarely stay in place.
- Look for locations you can move around a bunch.
- Be prepared for unexpected tears.
- Wear something nice yourself, you may want a picture with the little one as well.
Until next time. Keep it Fun. Make it Classy. Stay Authentic.